Wednesday, January 11, 2012

AfterCare Afterglow Wipes

I stumbled across this brand when they first started selling Afterglow on the DevineToys website.  As I understand Sexual Health Enthusiasts AfterCare is a branch off of DevineToys.  This line supports sexual health and care.  The line consists of 4 products: Afterglow, AfterIt, AfterShave, and AfterTrace.  I really want the whole set of AfterCare products, but price is a BIG factor in why I haven't gotten anything but the Afterglow wipes.  From the AfterCare website the total full sized product package is $60 and by the time you finish the ordering process it's close to $75.  I've done the whole process to see the total price and I've back down every time I've had the cash.  They sell each product individually and the prices are as follows: Afterglow $9, AfterIt $22, AfterShave $20 and AfterTrace $16.  They also have a travel set for $29.

I've only tired the Afterglow and I really liked it.  On the AfterCare website it's only sold in a pack of 20 wipes, but EdenFantasys sells them in individually wrapped packages (24 single wipes for $20) as well as the 20 pack.  I find that I like both packages for different reasons, but I feel like I'm getting gipped when I only get 20 wipes for $9 when baby wipes are 75 for $3.  If you shop around you'll find different prices.  For instance, $7 for 20 wipes at Kamasutracloset (one of my favorite sites).  They also sell the individual wipes for $0.95 each instead of a in a set of 24.   


Now, the wipes themselves are really awesome.  When you take one out of the packaging you are confronted with a very pleasant smell of Beragomt.  They used bergamot because it's a natural antiseptic and I find that it has a very low irritation level.  Since the wipes are meant to used on your most sensitive areas it's nice to know you won't be assaulted with something that will give you a rash or irritate your skin.  These wipes are designed to be used before and/or after sex.  They, for the lack of better words, disinfect the skin and make you feel clean without having to hop in the shower.  It's wonderful to use before sex, but it's real power is when it's used after sex.  It helps removes lubes and body fluids from the skin.  You can almost be a pile of goo and use one of these to get rid of the sticky feel as you bask in the afterglow.  The wipes are also gentle enough that you can use them on your toys.  The fabric of the wipe is very sturdy and remains moist for a very long time when outside the packaging.  As for the two packaging formats there is advantages to each.

The individually wrapped wipes are perfect for on the go uses and are consistently moist every time you open a packet.  They're wrappers are smaller than a birthday card but considerably larger than a condom wrapper so they will fit in a purse with ease, but not a clutch (depending on the size) or a pocket.  The large pack of wipes is about the size of makeup removing wipes and opens in basically the same way.  It can easily fit in a purse, but I've never tried.  I do have one con to this.  Do to gravity, the liquid in the wipes migrate to the bottom making the top wipes less moist than the bottom ones.  I've found that if you flip the packaging every other day it keeps all the wipes equally moist.  It just sucks when I would forget and would have a slightly dry wipe, but if I kept up the flipping I wouldn't have an issue.

I really do love these wipes, but I wish I got more per pack.  Other than that I have no negatives.  I would also love to review the other products from AfterCare, but I can't until I manage to swing $75 for it.  Until then, I hope you enjoy the Afterglow.

*photo taken from the AfterCare website

No comments:

Post a Comment