Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Garden of Edo Collection - Ahprodisiac Oil

You all are a very silent bunch.  However, it suits me just fine if you are comfortable with silence.

Today I'm going to review the next product in the Garden of Edo Collection - the aphrodisiac oil.  I will tell you know that my heart really isn't into this right now, but I've put off reviewing this long enough.  If there is something I neglect to mention or you want to know just tell me.

Continuing with the organic theme the Aphrodisiac Oil doesn't disappoint.  Containing glycerin, propanediol, flavor, sodium saccharine, FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Yellow #5.  The only thing that made me question the overall safety is the propanediol.  As I recall it's in other products in the collection and it's not really that bad, but I suggest you don't guzzle the whole bottle down at once.  Kissing and licking are ok.  Well more than ok, it's welcomed!

The bottle is sold on it's own on Shunga for $24.94, but you can buy it from EdenFantasys for $17.99.  The bottle it 3.5 fluid ounces and is made of glass.  Be sure to take care and not drop it.  That would be disastrous.  There is a stopper that acts like a cork, but isn't made of cork.  It feels like a dense, spongy plastic.  The bottle its self it rather beautiful because you can see the almost sorbet lime green liquid inside.  The label is the characteristic entwined lovers.  There is a minor dislike about the packaging.  The stopper is rather difficult to remove even with non-oily fingers.  The best way to remove it is with one or both thumbs on the stopper and push it away from you.  When you've push the stopper, twist the bottle a little and push again.  You don't need that much force because if you do, you might break the stopper and get it stuck inside the neck of the bottle.  If you try to pull the stopper straight out you might cause the bottle to jostle and make the oil to spill all over.


When you manage to get the bottle open (hopefully you didn't make a mess) you might find that the oil smells like bubble gum or bananas.  I know it sounds weird, but that's what it smells like to me.  It's not really unpleasant, but not anything like any green tea I've tasted.  Perhaps Shunga took an artistic approach in interpenetrating the flavor of green tea.  I haven't had any spill of anything I like (sheets, towels, clothes) but I would imagine that it would stain.  Not green, but I think it would leave an oil spot.  Keep that in mind if you have anything you really love.  It might be best to lay down a towel or a protective cover.

As you pour it out of the bottle it has the consistency of oil from a massage candle.  It flows, but yields a little as it's poured.  However, that's where the similarities end.  When it's on the skin it beads up and the more you work it into the skin the less it pulls apart.  When it's on the skin it will have a tendency to run like a thin oil, but it wont move as fast as water.  Does that make sense?  It also has a warming sensation to it when it's first applied to the skin.  I'm not sure if it's meant to do that, but it's not unpleasant.  It still smells like bananas (to me at least) on the skin and when you kiss or lick the oil it tastes like cotton candy.  Very sweet.  I haven't allowed it to dry on my skin, because there isn't really any left to have dry.  I find that it tastes really good, but I also like sweet things.  I imagine that it would get sticky before drying completely.  When what's left is wiped away, my skin feels soft and it has the light scent of the oil. 

I really like this oil.  Would I do a whole massage with it?  Not at all.  It would be too messy.  This oil is perfect for target areas on your partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment