Friday, December 23, 2011

Garden of Edo Massage Oil

WOOHOO!!!! I'm posting the final product in the Garden of Edo Collection!  It's taken me a while, but does anyone really care?

The Shunga Organica Erotic Massage Oil can be purchased separately at Shunga for $24.95 or at EdenFantasys for $18.99.  I'm not sure if I would have bought this on it's own had I not received it in the Collection.  It seems rather ordinary.


Keeping with the organic theme, Shunga has made this a oil extravaganza.  This particular massage oil contains: cold pressed sunflower oil, rapeseed oil, grape seed oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, natural vitamin E and flavor/aroma.  If you're like me you might have thought, "I cook with some of these...".  It's a lot of oils to make up one massage oil, but each have their properties and uses.  The sunflower and rapeseed are the only certified organic ingredients, but for a massage oil I really don't care if it's organic. 

The packaging is typical of bottled massage oil.  I often have problems with the packaging because the oil tends to seep around the edges of where the cap and bottle meet.  I have this problem with the KamaSutra oils and have to take extra precautions when I store them.  Each scents gets it's own ziplock bag.  It's bulky and completely annoying.  With the Shunga oil, I've found that it doesn't have that problem.  Perhaps the cap and bottle fit more closely together?  I'm not really sure.  The cap on this is the standard disc top cap and you can see it in the picture provided.  It does it's job rather well.  If you open the cap and tilt it upside down it will drip one drop at a time in a steady, but slow stream.  There's no gushing oil all over the place.  To make more oil come out of the bottle all you need to do is apply light pressure and you've got a perfect amount of oil.

I find the scent very interesting.  Most of the products in this collection are "green", earthy, and meant to smell like green tea.  I find green tea to be very distinct and yummy and none of the products smell like green tea or the intended scent.  This oil smells kind of like honeydew melon.  It smells sweet but crisp.  I'll be honest and say I haven't tried their normal massage oils because I've been using KamaSutra's massage oils.  In comparison to the ones I own verses the Shunga oil, I'm more inclined to like the Shunga brand more.

The oil looks very ordinary in the bottle.  It flows just like a cooking oil, feels like a cooking oil, but please don't eat it like a cooking oil.  However ordinary it may seem, the moment it's on the skin the magic happens.  The oil gives a nice slip to the hands when you go to massage.  It feels silky as it glides on the skin and it makes the skin wonderful to touch.  I do find that the oil soaks into the skin rather quickly, but even though that happens there is still a small amount left of the surface so your hands still glide effortlessly.  When the oil is mostly gone and rubbed into the skin it has a velvety feel to it.  I've never had a massage oil feel like that before and this gives Shunga a one up on KamaSutra.  KamaSutra's oils just feel oily and I have a tendency to use them as a bath oil instead of a massage oil.  With the Organica Massage Oil I use it for massages and sometimes when I get out of the bath.  If you use it as a moisturizer, let it settle into your skin before going outside.  If you have fair skin and you leave when it's still slick on your skin you'll crisp up and burn in the sun.

A little goes a long way when you use the Organic Oil.  Just for my hands when I use it as a moisturizer, I only use 4-6 drops.  If you're going to massage parts of the body, you need to start out with less oil and add more as you need it.  I've found that for a back massage you only need a small amount.  To measure, all you need to do is cup your hand and your palm forms a bowl.  All you need to do is fill that bowl (your palm) with oil.  It's about the size of a large coin.  That amount has always been perfect for doing the expanse of the back and shoulders.

If you're unsure about giving a massage or have never given a massage there are easy ways to get started.  The first thing you need to do is make the person comfortable.  Decided if it's a sexy massage or a relaxing massage.  Depending of the reason for the massage depends on how you give the massage.  Then you need to figure out if you want to start with the feet and work your way to the temples or start at the temples and work your way to the feet.  For a sexy massage, keep the strokes light and play with the skin.  Find the places that turns the person on.  These places might be behind the ears, inside the wrist, the bends of the elbows, the backs of the knees, lower back or the feet.  When and if you touch the feet, use the pads of your fingers instead of the tips.  The person getting the massage might not appreciated being tickled.  If you want you can also massage the breast, butt or groin area as a added benefit of the massage, but save those moves for the end of the massage.  It's all about foreplay.  If it's just a relaxing massage it's nice to use long smooth strokes.  It's also ok to put some force behind your hands as you massage because there might be tight muscles that need some love.  You can still do the moves from the sexy massage, but I find that when I want a relaxing massage I want less sex and more romance.  So maybe that how you should think about it when you give a massage.  If you want to end up with sex, be light, flirty and sexy in giving the massage.  If you want to romance your partners body you can be firm, smooth and fluid with your massage.

Since this is the last review for the Garden of Edo Collection, I hope you can get a feel about the products.  I know I didn't do the reviews close together or in time for Christmas, but I'm sure you guys can make educated guesses on if the products are fantastic or drab.  I know that I will, in the future, buy this set.  If there are any question about the set or I didn't explain something clearly, just send me an email or comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment