Friday, December 16, 2011

Garden of Edo Collection Lotus Flower Bath Salts

Hey everyone!  Today I'm continuing the Garden of Edo Collection and I'm super excited about this one.  I think it's because I've never really had such bath salts before.  Shunga calls it "Oriental Crystals", but I only ever call them bath salts.  You can purchase the salts alone for $22.50 and there are 3 different scents.  Today I'm talking about the Lotus Flower scent, but I'm sure they all smell awesome and leave the skin feeling just as wonderful.

Now, as with all the other items in this collection the main theme is organic.  I checked all the ingredients that I can look up because looking up fragrance and colors are not something I could find.  The main ingredient is the Dead Sea salt.  I thought that was pretty self explanatory.  It also contains sodium lauryl sulfate which makes the salts bubble up and foam, sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate is a colorless salt that is an emulsifying (or binding) agent, and the last ingredient is glycerin.  Again I find that glycerin is as self explanatory as the Dead Sea salt.  All are organic or organic based.  Even if it wasn't I don't think I would give a fleas breath of difference.


The container it arrived in, other than the main container that housed everything, is perfect.  It's all made out of plastic with the typical entangled lovers on the label.  It's really sturdy so if you drop it you wont have to worry about the plastic cracking or the lid flying off.  The jar is 14 ounces by weight and it's rather heavy when you hold it in your hand.  I love that the lid screws on tightly without a lot of force.  The last thing you want is to strip the lid and not be able to close it again.  Enough of this logistics mumbo jumbo!  I want to get to the good parts.

The first thing you will notice when you open the jar is the scent.  It smells heavenly.  It's actually really hard to describe, but I'm sure you would get a kick out of the scene I'm making.  I've got my face inches from the jar trying to figure out the scent and if you hardly find that amusing I know I do.  It's very distinct, but difficult to describe.  I guess I would describe it as an earthy flora smell, but it smells sweet.  Not a candy sweet, but like the sweet smell of the rain on the wind before it gets to you.  It also smells cool and not because I think it's awesome.  For instance there are scents that smell warm to do patchouli or sandalwood, but this specific bath salt smells cool.  It's also feminine and masculine all at once.  I would love for it to be a perfume because it smells so damn sexy.

You will also notice that there is a shell inside the jar.  You will find that it fits in the palm of your hand.  Mine is just about the same size as my palm so you get good sized scoops out of it.  I noticed this a little late because the shell got buried and I was a little enamored with the scent and color.  It happens.  The shell is a huge plus in my book.  This helps with portion control and keeps your fingers from getting green and salty feeling.  Use your discretion when dishing out the salts though.  2 small scoops usually take care of my bath tub, but I know I can get away with one.  If you're worried about the scent not being strong enough with such little quantities, you're being silly.  The scent is strong enough to handle the smallest amounts in bath water.  Now a word of caution and if you're like me you need to pay attention.  USE THE SHELL!!!  If you use your fingers for anything your hand will come away green.  This sucks because if you touch the salts and this plan to do other things while the bath fill up your going to get icky fingers all over everything.  The color of the salts is a algae green and if you want to pull up your hair or grab a book then you're going to feel it in your hair and see it on the pages of your book.  Trust me.  I know.  The one thing you don't have to worry about is staining anything.  At lease when it's already in the tub.

The water will turn a very beautiful green color "reminiscent of green lagoons" when the salts dissolve.  If they're being stubborn, just use your foot to swirl the water about to dissolve the salts.  This is the fun part.  Being in the water.  Now if you're on a mission to wash your hair, shave, exfoliate or anything other than just relaxing you need to take a shower before hand.  If you want to know, I have used a white washcloth to keep my neck warm with the sweet smelling water and it didn't get stained but it wasn't that pleasant smelling the next day when I took a shower.  It could have been a number of things that made the washcloth stick, but I just don't use one because I don't want the hassle.  That is the only con.  There was no colored ring around my tub or the tub being super slippery when the water drained.

The one thing you will notice is how your skin feels.  Can anyone say silky?  I don't want to say that the water gets oily like when you use a bath oil, but it's something similar.  You don't see an oil slick on top of the water, but something in the salts makes the skin just feel so soft and fun to touch.  You might also feel like your a little slimy when your skin is under the water, but I can assure you that the moment you dry off (it won't stain your towel) it feels like you've already used lotion.  The scent of the salts is very fragrant and it fills the whole room and it sticks to your skin when you dry off.  I've found that when I use the salts in the morning (just because I want to) people can still smell it well into the afternoon.  Not like an in your face, just used applied smell, but if someone hugs me they can smell it on my skin.  Perfect for those who have lovers.  I find that there is nothing more sexy than a good smelling man.  Not a pretty boy smell, but the "I've been working hard and smell like sweat,and what I used in the shower that morning" smell.  The bath salts offer that kind of clingy scent is just exciting.  Again I wish it was a perfume or a cologne.

Anyway, before I become to hot and bothered by the thought of a sexy smelling man to type properly I just wanted to say this.  There are a lot of bath salts on the market.  A lot of them are cheaper than the Shunga salts, but I can't seems to recall any other bath salts I've used that has made this kind of impression on me.  I've been using this for about 3 weeks and I've hardly made a dent in the jar.  I've never had my skin feel as beautiful with any other bath salt and I've never had a bath salt smell so intoxicating.  I will buy this again on it's own when I run out.  No questions asked.

With that being said, I'm not sure that if you were to buy it separately that it would be exactly like the one from the collection.  I hope so because I love the green color and the plastic jar.  Also, I have been told that KamaSutra has bath salt and if you find that you can't handle strong scents then their salts might be up your ally, but it only comes in one scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment